Mobile Check Deposit Guidelines
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks electronically using the Union State Bank mobile app which eliminates the need to make a physical bank deposit.
This document outlines the guidelines for initiating and posting of your mobile check deposit. Union State Bank reserves the right to audit Mobile Check Deposit customers for compliance with the guidelines included in this document.
Subject to Availability
Enrollment and use of Mobile Check Deposit is subject to availability. Once enrolled, you can deposit checks securely and conveniently when using our Mobile Check Deposit service.
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit most checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Checks must always be made payable to an account owner and may not be made payable to a business name. Certain items are not supported through the remote deposit channel and must be deposited at a bank location. These may include but are not limited to: third party checks, foreign checks, substitute checks, government bonds, checks payable in a currency other than U.S. dollars, cash or savings bonds.
Check Image Requirements
- When using Mobile Check Deposit, you certify the authenticity of the check you are depositing.
- Verify all information on the check image is clear. If it is not, retake the image.
- Any original paper check items that remain unreadable after multiple attempts to obtain a clear image must be physically deposited at a bank location. Clear images require at least a 2.0 megapixel camera.
Mobile Check Deposit Endorsement
You are required to place a physical payee endorsement on the back of all check items prior to creating your image through Mobile Check Deposit. Endorse the back of the check with your signature and the words “Union State Bank Mobile Deposit.”
Check Safekeeping, Retention and Destruction
- Check storage and the destruction of items deposited through Mobile Check Deposit is your responsibility because the paper checks are never physically deposited.
- Union State Bank requires that Mobile Check Deposit customers retain the original paper items, for a minimum of five (5) calendar days, but no longer than fourteen (14) calendar days. Also, make sure the items post to your account and show in your balance. You are required to shred the check once it has posted to your account to ensure they are not accidentally deposited again. Cross-cut shredding is strongly recommended for check destruction.
If you have any questions or need assistance with depositing a check, please contact us at (701) 282-4598.